All the TLC in the world is not going to help us, if you do all the bad things! No matter what you do to help it be more healthy on one hand, and the other end you do things to kill the health of your hair! then we are not going anywhere! So here is a look at what we should not do.
The Obvious: Stop Excessive Styling.
1. Throw the Iron away, I promise you don’t need that! It may sound impossible but when you accept your natural curls, your hair will love you back. But if you really want to always use a ceramic straightener and a heat protectant.
2. Ditch the Dye, Go natural and let the color be! But if you can’t try using a tone closer to your own color and avoid drastic changes in color. And semi permanent colors work better.
3. Blow dry, only when you have to! try cutting down to once or twice a week only after partial air drying, and use a heat protectant.
4. Goodbye to tight barrette, clips with metal and tight pony tails.
Jump into the pool but don’t forget your hair!
1. Wear the cap, I know it may not make you feel too good ! but it will help. I like to wet my hair and put in some conditioner and then wrap my hair up and wear my cap. This way when I remove it, there is less breakage and my hair cuticles are sealed so less chlorine dry’s it.
2. Always rinse your hair out, preferable use a clarifying shampoo.
3. Rinse your hair before you swim too, it is not a good idea to let your styling products stay on as it would make your hair more porous.
4. If you can gift your hair a final rinse of vinegar or apple cider vinegar (which will flush out the chlorine from your hair).
5. If swimming is random or only a weekly activity, then try not to wash your hair the previous day (as the natural oils will help protect your hair too).
6. Avoid the heat right after swimming.
7. Only a wide tooth comb for prepping your wet hair.
Show your locks the love
1. Love the sun, scarf up and use spf for hair too.
2. Brush and caress your scalp daily, the massage will rush blood flow and help the scalp health.
3. Eat right, sleep well.
4. Stay active stay healthy (with gorgeous hair).
5. Give them silk pillows to sleep on.
In the end it is about having healthy hair, and creating a routine that fosters it. Growing your hair comes next! It will take time and patience is a virtue!
Hope my hair series has helped and inspired you to show some more love to your hair too (like me). It has been lots of fun to do this series ( I will post any more tricks I use later). To make it easier, I am going to add a page for Hair and you can find all my post for hair there !( soon)
Will get ready with more series soon ! till then stay gorgeous.
As always your comments make me soooo happy!